During your pregnancy, you will have the option to test for the potential of genetic diseases. If you are interested in any optional tests, please check with your insurance plan to see if these tests are covered. Questions you may have regarding these optional tests can be discussed with your physician. There are risks associated with some of the tests. Please discuss these risks with your physician. Some of these tests require referral to a maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) physician.
Genetic testing can include the following:
- Cystic Fibrosis screening
- CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling)
- Early screen/nuchal translucency
- AFP-4 (Quad Screeing)
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing/Cell Free Fetal DNA
- Other genetic carrier testing including, but not limited to, sickle cell, Tay-Sachs, fragile X, SMA
Your physician can help you determine what is right for you.